5.9.12

Review: Seeds of War by Rachel E. Fisher

 Seeds of War is the second book in the Eden's root trilogy.

The mission of Eden must be fulfilled and Eden’s best Seekers are needed. Forming a new group they dub the Seeders, Fi, Asher, and Sean are joined by a new addition as they set out to bring hope and support to the Topsiders in the form of radios and heirloom seeds. Their experiences Topside prepare them for the threat from marauding gangs they call Lobos, but it is a different, less obvious sort of threat that takes them by surprise. As radio broadcasts begin to reconnect Eden and the Topsiders, the Seeders stumble upon mysterious broadcasts from unknown stations. When two of their own new radio stations go silent within days of each other, Fi and her companions realize that something is terribly wrong. Eden finds itself pitted against a growing and unknown force as their very mission lights the flames of war. (via)
My Thoughts:
 
This is a great second installment in the Eden’s Root trilogy. This book is really well done. I love the twist and turns in the plot. Love, love, love it. It kept me on my toes wondering what was coming next. I didn’t want to put down because I kept wanting know what was coming!

In this book the Seekers take on a new mission as Seeders, but their mission isn’t as simple as that. Along the way, the Seeders run into a religious group of people who call themselves the Truthers. And they don’t want anything to do with Eden’s heirloom seeds. They’ll stop at nothing to destroy Eden and all their hopes.

At first I was a little unsure of the Truthers. It seemed like it was going to turn into a preachy book, but as the story progresses and more information is revealed, you find out that there’s a reason behind them. You don’t find out exactly what their purpose is, but it gives you hints that there’s more to them than meets the eye. It makes me quite interested to find out what their role is in the next book.

The Truthers play a HUGE part in this book, so don’t worry. It doesn’t get that preachy.

You know those creepy groups of guys, called the Lobos, who were all some sort of criminal in the old world? Well they’re still out there and you’ll find out in this book just what they’re up too. Gosh, I wish they’d be taken out already. They just cause the seeders so much trouble. Not to mention the Truthers causing the Seeders trouble as well.

Fi & Asher!!! Oh my!! Lots of exciting things are happening for them. I’ve loved seeing their relationship blossom over these past two books and after what happened in this book I'm super excited for the next book!!!!

Now as for Sean and Sara, I can’t wait to see where they go. It seems like their already pretty close already. Hmmm…. I guess we’ll see. Hopefully they continue to be together.

Over all I really loved this book and would definitely recommend it to those who have already read Eden's Root.

Content: cursing, kissing, violence, talk of sex, and a couple of not too descriptive sex scenes.

1 comment:

  1. I have a few friends who went swiss replica watches into training and washed out louis vuitton outlet. Those steel cable ropes hurt chanel replica like hell.As far as the movie goes, I will likely check it out on dvd or replica handbags a matinee depending how it looks.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me happy! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...